Level 1 authorises
the use of F4 or T2 pyrotechnic items, excluding nautical fireworks, meeting the following characteristics:
• Products with less than 500g of active material;
• the mortar diameter is less than 50mm for aerial maroon or 105mm for other pyrotechnic products fired from a mortar;
• Pyrotechnic items with an opening angle of less than 30 degrees.
The F4-T2 Qualification Certificate is delivered by the requestor’s home prefecture on presentation of the following items:
• An attestation of having completed Level 1, less than 5 years old,
• An attestation of success in the Level 1 examination, less than 5 years old,
• Proof of participation in the staging or firing of 3 pyrotechnic spectacles consisting of items classified in categories 4, K4 or T2, over a maximum period of 5 years.
Level 1 is renewable every 5 years at the prefecture as long as you can justify having participated in the staging or firing of 3 pyrotechnic spectacles consisting of items in categories 4, K4 or T2, over a maximum period of 5 years.